Saturday, March 28, 2009

My Top Ten

The other day as we sat over margaritas and Mexican food, my friend Emily told me that after she gets married--she's getting hitched in Hawaii in June, lucky girl--she and her husband are going to spend time travelling. They aren't worried about kids; they are worried about where to go next. They have developed a top ten list, and they're going to spend the next few years checking items off that list.

I can't tell you how good that sounds to me--suitcases and hotels and airplanes and places so beautiful you can scarcely believe they exist. Exotic locations. Bright lights. Street food. Strange music coming out of bars and restaurants and apartments. It all sounds good. It sounds good even though I'm coming off the World's Worst Vacation.

So, if I got married today, and if I married a boy who likes to travel as much as I do, and if we agreed to spend a few years checking things off our Top Ten Places I Want Visit lists, here's where I'd want to go:


  1. Ireland
  2. Greece
  3. Jamaica
  4. Morocco
  5. France
  6. Italy
  7. Norway
  8. Bora Bora
  9. Japan
  10. Montreal

Can I start tomorrow?

No comments: