Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Celebrating

I finished the last story for the collection on Saturday night. On Sunday morning, I put the whole thing in the order I think makes most sense right now.

It's done.

Three stories from grad school have made it in, but one is almost entirely rewritten. Most everything else is new. Most everything else was written in Maine. Most everything was written to music. And if my book had a soundtrack, it would something like this:



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


Yes, I realize that mix gets a little crazy at times--Zevon and Redding? ABBA and The Beach Boys?--and it is a bit all over the place, but these are the songs I had on repeat as I wrote this book.


And here's something else for the celebration--a picture of shirtless Ryan Reynolds! Doesn't that just make you feel good?



Yeah. Me too.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

THANK YOU FOR THE PICTURE:) It made my day! I totally needed that today. And congrats on the book - that is awesome - can't wait to read it!:)