Friday, May 15, 2009

More of Abbey's Obsessions

Photobucket
What I like about this picture is that it combines two of Abbey's favorite obsessions/hobbies: earplugs and burrowing.

She will crawl under or into any stack of blankets and stay there until you do something interesting enough to warrant her retreat. Abbey routinely sleeps under the covers at night. Sometimes she'll stick her head out the top, by the pillows, but usually she won't. She prefers to be completely burrowed underneath the covers on my bed, and I often wake up in the morning to see a strange lump down by my hip. That is Abbey, who has chosen to spend the night pressed under the weight of a sheet, a blanket, and a comforter.

As for the earplugs, the cat is crazy for them. I don't know which she likes more--earplugs or Q-tips. She chases and fetches both. Just this morning, right after the sun came up, I felt a thump! on the bed and knew that Abbey was sick of playing by herself and wanted me to join in. Sure enough, when I rolled over, there she was, and she dropped an earplug down next to me. She gave me a look that said, Play with me! Play with me! Play with me!

I threw it once and went back to bed.

No comments: